Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Still Working On My Two Needle Sock " Flat Knitting" Yarn Along 10


Still Working On My Two Needle Sock  " Flat Knitting"

Today is Ginny's Yarn Along and I am excited to share my progress with you . I have been working on my two needle sock and it has been a lot easier than I thought it would be...remember I am a very new knitter.

These are the steps I have done so far...

1. I casted on 50 stitches

2. I did the ribbed stitch (knit 2 purled 2) until it reached 7 inches long

3.I binded off the first 15 stitches then knitted 24 and binded off the last 15 (this looks kind of weird at first )

4. The 24 stitches will be the top of the foot I knitted until it reached 7 inches long

5. I then started to decrease by knitting 2 stitches together at the beginning and end of each row until 14 stitches remained. I then immediately began increasing 1 stitch at the beginning and end of each row until your stitch count in back to 24.

6. I then continued to work on the 24 stitches until it reaches 7 inches long. (the top of the foot)

This is where I am at working on the bottom of the foot of my sock. I hope to have it finished by next knit along but with the holiday weekend it might take me a little longer.

Come and see what's new in my Etsy shop....

I hope you have a blessed day reader,

~~Renee