Monday, April 1, 2013

Our Weekend........










I hope you had a wonderful weekend reader..I know we did. We spent most of the day outdoors on Saturday ...I think that first step outside after winter ....it can be so over whelming there is so much to do:) We did work on the chicken coop...we are letting grass grow in our big chicken pasture....so we had to add on to our coop to move them over to our little chicken tractor. The chickens are now enjoying fresh spring grass.

I walked around the yard looking at all that needs to be done before the leaves start growing on the trees:) We only own 1 acre but...that can be too much if you want everything to look nice:) We really need  to begin burning there are so many  broken tree branches that fell during the winter...and we need to tend to the land near our creek..it has gotten a little out of control.

Our daughters enjoyed coloring eggs like every year...I doubt they will ever grow to old to dye eggs..Easter is one of our favorite holidays!! This year our cat Macy enjoyed  watching all the eggs dipped in colors...

We woke up early for Sunday school and church...Every year our daughters get a basket even though we don't eat sugar. They are now getting older so the goodies this year were i tunes cards,a gift card to their favorite clothing store, socks and a Christian Book.

We had a wonderful church service almost every seat was full....then a good lunch with my mom and family. I think this year was a little extra special since my step-dad hasn't been feeling so well....it made being with my family more of a blessing :)   We don't get to be with all of our  family much and it really makes me sad that we don't get to spend special moments being together... because life now gets to be so busy.

When I was younger we had to live with my grandma and every holiday was small but our family was always together not on cell phones texting  but talking, not just spending an hour or two but all day. Times sure have changed....maybe it is because families don't live near by...you now have to take job so far away because the pay is better..I don't know but it sure makes me sad. I know that I really enjoyed being with all my family....and I know our time here on earth is very short....I don't want to take one moment or one family member for granted.....I don't ever want to say...I wish.... I would have or could have or should have...........

If you have a minute please stop by my Etsy shop...

I hope you have a Wonderful week reader...

Many Blessings to you,

~~Renee